Demo Import Requirements
If your server does not have enough speed or configuration as mentioned below then we recommend importing specific demo pages / posts / etc… using an individual import option instead of using a full import option.
- Memory Limit of 256 MB and max execution time (php time limit) of 180 seconds.
- Elementor and Slider Revolution must be activated for content and sliders to import.
- WooCommerce must be activated for shop data to import.
- MailChimp for WordPress must be activated for newsletter form data to import.
- For Import demo data please check this article.
Recommended PHP Configuration Limits
We suggested below PHP configurations to avoid errors such as blank screen, white screen, our demo import fails, empty page content, and other similar issues are all related to low PHP configuration limits. To avoid all of these errors, increase the PHP limits. To know more about it, do as directed below or you can also contact your web host and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum.
- Upload max filesize (upload_max_filesize) 40M
- PHP post max size (post_max_size) 128M
- Max input time (max_execution_time) 180 (This needs to be increased if your server is slow and cannot import data.)
- PHP memory limit (memory_limit) 256M
- PHP max input variables (max_input_vars) 2000
Tip: You can also check PHP configuration settings from Dashboard > Tools > Site Health > Info > Server. You can also contact your hosting provider for more information.
Litho Demo Importer
Please follow below steps to import demo data and settings. Litho Demo importer which you access via WordPress Admin and allows you to import any demo super quickly.
Simply Go to admin panel > Appearance > Theme setup > Demo Import from admin panel’s sidebar to choose and import the demo of your choice:
Import All Demo Data
Using this option you can import all demos with all settings including all pages, posts, products, theme options, menu, widgets, slider revolution, contact forms, MailChimp forms as per demo site.
Click on import full button to import all demo data.
Note: If you are getting permission error like below then please set permission to 755 or 777 for directory “sample-data” (wp-content/plugins/litho-addons/importer/sample-data)
Error Message: Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/litho-addons/importer/sample-data/common-data/xxxx.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/litho-addons/importer/parsers.php on line 67
Note: If you see import doesn’t respond to an error in the import progress screen, then please deactivate WP importer or any other import related plugin you have installed and then again try to import demo data.